Working Towards Dementia Friendly
Dementia Friendly GP Practice
It is important that people with Dementia can visit their GP and get the care and support they need. Tideswell Surgery are joining many practices to ensure that people with dementia and their carers can access our services easily and receive sensitive and caring and quality support by the staff at the surgery.
Steps have been discussed with our Patient Participation Group to complete the necessary toolkit and a review of the surgery facilities has been undertaken to ensure they are clear and understood by all service users.
The GP's and Practice nurses support patients with Treatment care plans and provide information to assist patients and carers. All staff have undertaken Dementia Awareness training and we use annual training sessions to ensure sensitivity at all times.
A Dementia Friendly General Practice has benefits including:
- Improving Quality of care and support for people with dementia
- Improving quality of care and support for other patient cohorts
- Support national frameworks and standards for dementia including NHS England, CCG Improvement and Assessment Framework and Care Quality Commission
- Look to reduce missed appointments and repeat appointments
- Increase Dementia Awareness and Understanding
Use this link to find information about Dementia, further advice and support near you! https://www.alzheimers.org.uk